Apple River Events
Check out all the upcoming events at Apple River Fort!
- » Cheers for Elizabeth!
- When: Sunday June 23, 2013 | 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Massbach Ridge Winery and the Apple River Fort Foundation will unveil a new "Elizabeth" White Wine at 1pm at Apple River Fort in Elizabeth. Also, the Terrapin Ridge Ramblers will provide entertainment. The public is invited to attend this special event.
- » Independence Day Event at the Fort
- When: Saturday July 6, 2013 | 1pm-4pm
- Independence Day was one of the two biggest holidays on the frontier. (New Year's was the other) Join the Fort people for amateur theatricals, political speeches, and maybe some dancing. Also, the Declaration of Independence will be read as is...
- » Healing/Mourning Event
- When: Saturday August 10, 2013 | TBA
- The Fort lost a man during the Battle, and lost another during the victory celebration in August. Join us as we mourn them in the customs of 1832. The choose from a list of drastic symptoms and take your...
- » Militia Mustering "Out"
- When: Saturday September 28, 2013 | 10am to 3pm
- The Militia Musters Out. Back in the spring, Governor Reynolds called up the Illinois local Militias to drive off Black Hawk's people, but that threat has been neutralized, and the soldiers can go home. The Militia will turn in...
- » A Chicken in Every Pot
- When: Saturday November 23, 2013 | 10am-3pm
- Preparing for winter. If the harvest is good, there might be mincemeat to set to ripen, a hog or chickens to butcher, and the final tucking-in of the garden beds.
- » Christmas at the Fort
- When: Saturday December 7, 2013
- Christmas celebrated at the fort from noon to 3pm and also in the Village of Elizabeth, IL. In the 1830s, nobody bought Christmas gifts or sent Christmas cards, and few decorated Christmas trees. See how we manage to have some merriment...